Sunday, December 25, 2011

First Christmas As A Father

2011 has been a very special year because of the birth of ToTo.  As we celebrate Christmas year after year, being a father for the first time has made me wonder if our Heavenly Father had ever told this to Jesus on this special day...

"My dear son, both you and I know, this is going to be tough...

... once you are born in blood and flesh, your physical nature will be limited on earth... this will need some getting used to...

... you will feel tired... you will feel hungry... and even distressed...

... you are going to do great wonders... you are going to change people's hearts...

... people will follow you, but when you need support the most, no one will be beside you...

... people will praise you, but eventually they will despise and reject you... and even put you on the cross...

... you will always have my full support... however, you are going to go through the toughest 33 years you've ever had...

... but you know... all these got to be done, because we love these people so much!  It's killing us to see them being tortured in sins, and we cannot just abandon them.  I have destroyed them with great flood before, and I am not going to do it again...

... my son, this is your call now..."

Looking at this from the angle of a father, it must be tough for God to give Jesus away knowing the hardships and dangers He had to go through.  But God, what were you thinking??  Giving a son away is not something a loving and responsible father would do!!

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.

Isaiah 55:8

No wonder it meant so much to God when Abraham was willing to give Isaac away as a sacrifice.  Abraham’s action must have touched God so much as He was about to do the same for us.

This is the kind of love I would never fully understand, but just have to accept.

If only God allows, it would be my privilege to be molded by God to fulfill my role as a father to be used in His plan.  Maybe I am able to take part in helping ToTo with directions and resources to seek out his life mission.  If God ever rewards him for his work, I can remind God that, as a father, I deserve some credit, too!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment